Monday, June 13, 2011

Wherever With You

So no pictures yet...and I just can't bring myself to post the proposal story (for those of you who haven't heard me recant it numerous times now) without the pictures.

I mostly just wanted to write down some of my thoughts at this point...we are now officially two weeks into planning our perfect November wedding.

I had been engaged for three days when a sweet friend said "when you are engaged your life moves at warp speed." And man oh man was she right. Sometimes my head feels like it is literally spinning because I'm thinking about so much at the same time I am trying to focus on other aspects of my life. It lends itself to a feeling of insanity at times. Now to clarify, this is not me complaining. I am having a blast amongst the chaos. Reveling in it really. But I have been treasuring the sweet, quiet moments with Brett amongst the madness when I look over at him or he grabs my hand and I remember none of these details really matter at all. All that matters at the end is that he's waiting for me at the end of the aisle as I step into my new role as his wife, his partner in all that we do.

Brett catches me off guard from time to time when he calls me his wife to be or future wife. I have tried to picture him saying those things for a while, but I could have never anticipated the way it made me feel. This man will be my husband and I will be his wife. Our homes will forever be in each others hearts. I have said from pretty early on that one of the reasons I fell in love with him is because I have never felt more at home then when I am with him. It doesn't matter where we physically are, as long as we are together, that is where I want to be.

This song is pure perfection.

 


Things are clicking along so well for it being such a short amount of time. My mom bought my wedding dress this past weekend and it is breath taking. I can't wait to walk out and see the look on Brett's face, I think he's going to be blown away! My aunt will be catering, Brett's aunt will be our florist, our photographer is set and the connection there is so special too, our venue is back and forth at the moment :) but regardless we've got it, Friday I'm taking the majority of my bridesmaids to try on the dress I think I am sold on. 

This is the insanity I was talking about earlier. Things are moving so fast, but they are moving so right. I just can't believe how easy this has been. My mom always said it would be easy when it was right. Apparently momma knew what she was talking about. 

No comments:

Post a Comment